I love buffalo chicken. Louder for the ones in back. I *LOVE* buffalo chicken!
Seriously though, I love it. To a slightly disturbing degree. And it doesn’t really matter if there’s chicken involved. So I put buffalo sauce on everything because it’s delicious. The latest thing I put it on was cabbage because I had some and it was missing buffalo chicken.
Buffalo chicken slaw
- 4 oz cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo chicken dip, homemade
- Take a head of cabbage, guess how much you’re cutting off, shred it.
- Find out that you guessed about the right amount, put it in a microwave safe bowl, and add 1/3 cup of buffalo chicken dip on top.
- Don’t bother stirring it; microwave it for one to 2 minutes on high. No, seriously. Where are you going? This is delicious, come back! (I’m not going to show you a picture of the inside of my microwave. No.)
- Mix it all together. Eat.
I swear to god, it tastes so much better than it looks.
That’s it. Seriously. So much flavor! Have some extra rotisserie chicken? Throw it in! There’s a single stalk of celery in the fridge that needs to be eaten? Dice that puppy and mix it in! Make it more delicious, i dare you.
Now to address the issue of why I have buffalo chicken dip at the ready… Doesn’t everyone? No? That’s really poor planning, folks. You can do better. (Or maybe I had it left over from a party a couple days ago and I shouldn’t be such a judgy mcjudgerson.)
Make this Buffalo dip, but only a HALF BATCH. I’m not joking around here. Do not make a full batch unless it’s sportsball Sunday.
Side bar: A head of cabbage and 2 cups of dip would be something like 6-8 generous side servings. But if you’re gonna do that, promise me that you’re going to use your 2 mm blade on your food processor to do up all that cabbage…
Favorite tools in this post:
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. What does that mean? If you click on one of these links that goes to Amazon, I may receive a small commission as compensation.